Apex Canopy Door Cones and Cables
A pair of premium quality original cones and cables to suit all Apex Ascot canopy doors manufactured by Apex Doors of Bolton prior to acquisition by the Cardale Group in 1998.
Supplied in pairs including roll pins and tension retaining pin.
For cones and cables to suit later Apex (Cardale) canopy doors see Cardale cones and cables sets in the Cardale spares section.
Fitting Instructions for Apex cones and cables:
The following instructions are quite basic and there are a few things you may need to consider before starting such as; Has the existing cable actually snapped? Is the door in a precarious position? Do you have the skills and tools to carry out this type of job?
Before you start we recommend having to hand the following basic tools:
- 4mm Pin Punch.
- 2 Pairs of mole grips (not essential but very useful).
- A Drill with a socket driver adapter (may not be needed but usually is).
- Flat head screwdriver.
- 10mm, 13mm and 14mm socket.
- Cable snips.
Use the above tools to do the following:
- Isolate spring tension using the tension retaining pin (Crook Pin).
- Knock out the existing 4mm roll pins with a 4mm Pin Punch and Hammer.
- Remove existing cones and replace with the new ones. You may need to loosen the spring assembly using either the flat head screwdriver or the drill and nut driver / sockets.
- Attach the cables to the roller spindles. You may need to loosen the tracks to do this or even remove the spindle brackets completely depending how it’s fitted.
- Remove the Crook Pin to return the spring tension to the cables. The Flat head screwdriver should help with this.
- Oil the door and check it over to ensure it’s running true.
We recommend you take great care when attempting this repair due to the powerful spring on these doors. It’s easy to get injured when doing this type of repair which is why we recommend using our garage door repair service instead.