Birtley Red Retractable Spring
£39.00 inc. VAT & Shipping
- Wire Diameter 6mm
- Number of Coils 50
- Overall Diameter 40mm
- Length Excl Hooks 300mm
A Birtley Red Retractable garage door spring used to repair your existing retractable garage door.
|Number of Coils||50|
|Length Excl Hooks||300mm|
To fit the Birtley Red Retractable Spring you will need:
You will need a spanner, the size will depend on the nut holding the adjuster bolt in position. Mole grips are also useful and so is WD40.
- Open the door fully and prop it with a length of timber to stop it falling down whilst working on the door.
- Make a note of the thread length below the straining bolt bracket.
- Loosen the spring tension by undoing the nut on the string adjuster bolt.
- Lift off the old spring and replace with the new spring.
- Insert the straining bolt into the barcket and tighten the nut until the bolt is in the same position as previously noted in step 2.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Check the door is balanced (it should not fall to the closed position on it’s own or be too hard to close.)
- Adjust the tension as required if the door is not balanced. Use the Mole grips to help with this if required.
- Spray the top and bottom spring coils with WD40 if they are squeaky.
- It’s now good practice to check over the rest of the door to ensure everything is secured as it should be.
Wessex Black Retractable Garage Door Spring0 out of 5£39.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Henderson Dolphin Green Spring0 out of 5£46.20 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Garador Mk4 Spring Strength 40 out of 5£69.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Garador Spring Box – PN580 out of 5£140.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart