Cordula Replacement Controller
£144.00 inc. VAT & Shipping
Replacement roller door controller as retro-fit for Cordula roller garage doors.
- New Control Box
- 2 New Remote Controls
- Optional Photocells
- Can be used on other roller doors
Cordula Replacement Controller
Please note that we have found a UK remote control repair service for the original Cordula PDT handsets should you wish to try this first. They are not affiliated with our company but have a reasonable no fix, no fee policy.
This system is similar to the Now Obsolete Rollertec system used on older roller shutter garage doors. It can also be used to control any other 230V tubular motors including those from:
- WM Shutters
- SWS – Seceuroglide original handsets are now back in stock.
The system has a courtesy light and the ability to take PIR (Passive Infra Red) connections also called Photocells or PEC.
This system will not control the original “Safety Edge” if your door has this fitted however it will control the original Photocells which were fitted on the earlier Cordula Roller Garage Doors.
Supplied with wiring instructions (3 wires for power and 4 for the motor).
You can just plug it in after wiring the motor. (Additional wiring required if optional photocells are fitted also.)
2 remote controls, up and down push buttons and light.
Please note the following advise from the DHF regarding door safety from the DHF Newsletter Hold to Run Article:
Hold to run, or dead man control as it is alternatively referred to, is the simplest means of providing safety on automated doors and gates. The reference document that describes its use as a control measure for crush, impact, draw in and shearing hazards is EN 12453. This document was published in 2001 and is referenced by the existing harmonised product standard for safety in use of powered doors and gates, EN 13241-1.
EN 12453 sets out the conditions for use of hold-to-run in section 188.8.131.52 on page 10 as follows:
- The hold-to-run control shall be the only active control device
- The door/gate shall only move when the control is activated
- On release of the control the door/gate must stop within 100mm and, furthermore, in the final 500mm of closing the door/gate must stop within 50mm on release
(If this is not achievable, then a deformable edge may be employed that limits the resultant force to less than 150N)
- The speed of the leading edge must be limited to no more than 0.5m per second
(In the case of opposing leafs, this equates to 0.25m per second each)
- Activation of the door/gate by untrained persons shall be prevented
- Unintended activation of the controls shall be prevented
- The person controlling the door shall:
- be in full view of the door/gate
- be in the immediate vicinity of the door/gate
- not be in a hazardous location
- A remote control device cannot be used unless it is capable of preventing:
- activation out of sight or vicinity of the door/gate
- activation of the door/gate from a hazardous location
- unintended activation of the door/gate
- activation by any other control device
Additionally, faults in the control device must not result in a dangerous condition and must fail to a safe condition, for example, where devices suffer stuck or welded contacts or wiring faults.
Where systems are capable of switching to hold-to-run in the event of a safety system fault, care must be taken to ensure that the above conditions are complied with when the switch over has occurred.
In practice, this means that hold to run controls will be by means of either key switch or buttons secured by a key switch unless there is no possibility of untrained persons accessing the door controls. The control will be the only control active at any one time. It will be permanently located in a safe location in full view of the door. All authorised users will have been trained in its safe use. The speed of the leading edge will be within limits and will stop within the specified distances on release of the activation control.
Hold to run control is not suitable where significant hazards are out of view of the operator, for instance, the shear and draw in hazards on the far side of a full clad or boarded sliding gate.
Instructions for Wiring:
Understanding the Control Board:
Terminals from Left to Right
- Terminal 18 Live Brown Wire.
- Terminal 17 Neutral Blue Wire.
- Terminal 16 Earth Green/Yellow Wire.
- Terminal 10 Live Brown Wire.
- Terminal 11 Neutral Blue Wire.
- Terminal 12 Common Blue Wire.
- Terminal 13 Up or Down, Brown or Black Wire.
- Terminal 14 Up or Down, Brown or Black Wire.
- Terminal 15 Earth Wire Green/Yellow.
Photo Cell – Link 7 & 9 if not using safety device
- Terminal 4 12v + Yellow Wire.
- Terminal 9 12v + Brown.
- Terminal 7 Safe White Wire.
- Terminal 8 – 12v – Blue Wire.
Key / Rocker Switch
- Terminal 2 Down.
- Terminal 3 Up.
- Terminal 4 12v +.
- Switch 1 & 2 in the “ON” position (up).
- Switch 3 should be “ON” if using “Deadman” or OFF for Automatic.
- Switch 4 should be “OFF” if using auto return. (MUST NOT be used without a safety device fitted).
To program your extra handsets, in to the remote control unit press the program button inside the remote unit for 2 seconds then release, then press the top left button on the new handset for approximately 7 seconds then release, press the up or down to test if the handset is working.
If you wish to program more handsets press the stop button on your handset to stop the run timer then follow the steps above.
You may also like…
Cordula Replacement Remote – Silver / Black0 out of 5£30.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Roller Door Photocells Kit0 out of 5Sale!
£82.80inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Cordula T-Spring0 out of 5£8.97 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Cordula Replacement Remote – Silver / Grey0 out of 5£30.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Universal roller garage door control kit0 out of 5£240.00 – £280.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Select options
Hormann 2 channel remote0 out of 5£50.40 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Henderson / Sommer Aperto Remote0 out of 5£78.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart
Cardale Thermaglide TX2 Remote0 out of 5£49.00 inc. VAT & Shipping Add to cart