Henderson DLB garage door T-Handle
Here we have a Henderson DLB garage door T-Handle with a 75mm (original had 57mm) – 45° diamond shaft and short spigots to suit all single Dolphin doors pre September 1987.
Spigot length 18mm.
Spigot fixings are spaced 51mm apart (Approx).
Silver painted finish.
Supplied with two keys and fixing screws.
Not suitable for Premiere doors manufactured from February 1992.
To replace the Henderson DLB T-Handle you will need the following items:
Flat Head Screwdriver, 12″ of Gaffer Tape
- With the door in the closed position place tape over the top of the existing handle and secure each side to the door panel to ensure the handle does not drop off when you loosen the screws.
- Inside, with the door open remove the flat head screws and place to on side.
- Outside, partially close the door and hold it with your leg to stop it returning to the open position. Now remove the tape holding the now loose handle in place.
- Note the position of the handle and push the new handle through the hole and tape it securely. Now raise the door to the open position.
- Insert and tighten the screws then from the inside close the door and check it is latching properly.
- Outside, remove the gaffer tape.
- Check the key works and locks the door.
If you are not confident doing this work yourself then book an appointment for one of our Engineers to do it for you.